Tracking Road Freight’s Path to Electrification in India
Freight sector has gained a substantial foothold in the India markets with the onset and growth of eCommerce. During the COVID crisis freight transport highlighted its importance by ensuring steady movement of essential goods and medical supplies across the entire country. As a result, this sector has managed to sustain growth despite the disruptions, and freight activity is expected to increase five-fold by 2050, corresponding to a vehicle stock of about 50 million. With expanding fleet sizes there are corresponding implications on GHG emissions and additionally, the factors of fuel price volatility - its effect on the operational cost and increasing demand for final-mile delivery has provided impetus to the efforts towards electrification of the freight sector.
Watch the full event here
In this webinar, WRI India will be speaking with industry experts and policy makers to discuss the Techno-Economic Feasibility of EVs in Urban Freight Segment through the prism of current policy and regulatory landscape in India. And in course the team will share findings from the TCO EValuator comparing the costs of ownership between different ICE and Electric commercial vehicles.
During the session, speakers will seek to answer a few key questions:
- What are the regulatory and policy barriers for the electrification of the Freight sector?
- How should state governments approach the task of freight electrification?
- How can electrification of freight be integrated with other governmental schemes like the Vehicle Scrappage policy?
- What are the constraints in financing EVs in the commercial freight segment?
Session 1: Light Commercial Vehicle Segment
Time: 3:00-4:00 PM
Moderator: Madhav Pai, Executive Director, WRI India
- Deepak MV, CEO & Co-founder, E-Trio
- Aayushi Jain, VP, MoEVing
- Amitabh Saran, CEO, Altigreen Propulsion Labs
- Sanjay Bhatia, Senior Fellow, WRI India
- Parveen Kumar, Senior Manager, WRI India
Session 2: Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicle Segments
Time: 4:00-5:00 PM
Moderator: Pawan Mulukutla, Director, Electric Mobility, WRI India
- Kalrav Joshi, BDM, Blackbuck
- Raghavendra Mysore, Co-Founder, MOOEV Technologies
- Erika Myers, Acting Global Director, Electric Mobility, WRI
- Rashi Gupta, MD, Vision Mechatronics
- Jasjit Sethi, CEO, TCI Supply Chain Solutions