Launch of Safe rohTECH Challenge
Every year over 1.35 million people lose their lives due to road traffic crashes with 155,000 crash casualties in India alone. In recent years, children and youth have become the biggest victims of road crashes.
In July 2020, WRI India initiated the 2nd Phase of the Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge (BCRSC) project- ‘Safer Mobility for Youth’ project in Rohtak (Haryana) in partnership with the District Administration of Rohtak, Rohtak Police and Raahgiri Foundation. The project is supported by Fondation Botnar and Global Road Safety Partnership.
One of the key components of the ongoing project is to explore and amplify the use of technology in addressing issues related to urban mobility and road safety through a technology-drive Challenge.
The Safe rohTECH Challenge calls for young innovators, aged 18 and 25, to develop technological solutions to Rohtak’s road safety challenges. The challenge also seeks to make youth the change-makers and ambassadors of road safety in India.
Join us on 25th June at 3 pm on our YouTube channel for the launch of the Safe rohTECH Challenge, followed by a deep-dive conversation on ‘Technology & Entrepreneurship in Road Safety & Mobility’. The discussion intends to bring forward:
- Learnings and experiences of young tech startups in this field.
- Encourage more youth to venture into the space of addressing road safety and urban mobility.
The discussion will be followed by a Q&A session.
- Ranjeet Deshmukh, Founder, RoadBounce
- Nitish Goyal, Co-founder, Anukai Solutions
- Rashi Gupta, Co-founder & CBO, Rezo.ai
- Shadab Mobin, CEO, ANDC InStart Foundation
- Moderated by Amit Bhatt, Executive Director, Integrated Transport, WRI India