MSME Training Series #02: Tracking your emissions - Corporate GHG Accounting and Reporting
The journey towards climate-resilient, low-carbon operations begins with accounting and reporting your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. This initial step can open huge mitigation opportunities for companies and MSMEs, allowing them to reduce costs, build preparedness towards regulatory risks, meet shifting procurement requirements by large corporates and most importantly, improve the health impacts of polluting operations on workers.
If you missed attending the session, you can watch the whole event here:
The second session of the MSME Training Series facilitated by WRI India in partnership with CII aims to introduce the concepts of GHG accounting and management to the Indian MSME sector. The training session will be conducted by GHG accounting experts. It will include hands-on exercises on accounting concepts and will highlight the experience of guest speakers from a large company with a committed target to reduce their supply chain emissions and from an MSME undertaking GHG accounting.
Join this training session to learn about:
- The business case for GHG accounting and reporting
- Introduction to accounting standards and calculating a GHG inventory
- Insights from the industry with Scope 3 commitments and experience sharing from an MSME
- Introduction: Business case for GHG Accounting for MSMEs (5 mins- WRII)
- Large company on experience engaging with MSME suppliers on GHG emissions (15 mins- Mahindra Lifespaces)
- Introduction to standards and basic accounting concepts (20 mins- WRII)
- Calculating a GHG Inventory (15 mins- CII)
- MSME company that has undertaken GHG Accounting (15 mins- MSME speaker TBD)
- Next Steps (Mitigation Opportunities/ Target Setting) (10 mins- WRII)
- Subrata Chakrabarty, Senior Manager, WRI India
- Varun Agarwal, Project Associate, WRI India
- Shubhangi Gupta, Consultant, WRI India
- Sunita Purushottam, Head of Sustainability at Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd.
- Shirish Khulate, Chairman & Managing Director, Khutale Engineering Pvt Ltd. (TBC)
- Atik Sheikh, Counsellor - Energy & Climate Change, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Tejaswini Kulkarni, Project Associate, WRI India
- Megha Nath, Senior Project Associate, WRI India (Moderator)
Here is our list of MSME trainings:
MSME Training Series #03: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Opportunities for MSMEs (Upcoming)
MSME Training Series #04: Policies and financial scheme for MSMEs in India (Upcoming)
MSME Training Series #05: Be a resource-efficient MSME (Upcoming)
This training series is conducted as part of the Carbon Market Simulation project, facilitated by WRI India and supported by the MacArthur Foundation and is aimed to build capacity around climate action amongst Indian MSMEs. WRI India is partnering with CII for this training series.