Mumbai EV Cell Launch
The transportation sector accounts for roughly a quarter of total GHG emissions in Mumbai. Maharashtra State EV Policy 2021 envisions the faster adoption of clean mobility with ambitious targets; to that end, Mumbai EV Cell is being launched.
WATCH THE FULL EVENT HERE
The Mumbai EV Cell is a joint initiative by the MCGM and WRI India. Acknowledging the vital role of urban local bodies in facilitating effective change in the adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs), the Mumbai EV Cell has been constituted to provide support to the various MCGM departments in different segments of e-mobility like charging infrastructure, policy implementation and more.
The launch event will comprise of three parts:
- The announcement and launch of the EV Cell
- The launch of WRI’s EV charging demand mapping
- Technical support provided by WRI India, under the TUMI e-bus mission
- Aaditya Uddhav Thackeray, Cabinet Minister, Environment and Climate Change, Tourism, Government of Maharashtra.
- Aslam Shaikh, Cabinet Minister of State for Textiles, Government of Maharashtra (Guardian Minister, Mumbai City)
- Iqbal Singh Chahal, Municipal Commissioner – City, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM)
- Dr. Sanjeev Kumar, Additional Municipal Commissioner – City, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM)
- Kishori Pednekar, Mayor – City, Mumbai
- Lokesh Chandra, General Manager, Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport (BEST)
- Madhav Pai, Executive Director, Cities Program, WRI India
- Pawan Mulukutla, Director, Clean Mobility and Energy Tech, WRI India
- Chaitanya Kanuri, Senior Program Manager, Electric Mobility, WRI India
- Kaustubh Gosavi, Consultant, Electric Mobility, WRI India