Launch of Innovative Clean Energy Technology Platform
- 20th June 2022 | Tiruppur Exporters' Association Hall, Tamil Nadu
- 20th June 2022 | Ernakulam, Kerala
- 22nd June 2022 | Naroda Industrial Association Office, Gujarat | 3:00 PM - 5.30 PM
- 24th June 2022 | Hotel Deventures, Karnal, Haryana | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
World Resources Institute India (WRI India) and Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) in partnership with the Technology Information Forecasting Assessment Council, the Government of India (TIFAC) are launching a technology showcase platform for MSMEs. This platform would function as an avenue for innovators/ startups/ technology providers and MSMEs to engage and collaborate. It will formalize and create an enabling ecosystem for promoting clean technology innovations for the SME sector. Instead of looking at national or state level challenges, the platform is focused on cluster level technology. The platform can also be used as a network to link other ongoing initiatives and bring innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors on a common platform to provide opportunities for collaboration and synergies.
The platform is currently launched for five clusters spread across 4 states, with the focus to reduce GHG emissions and improve the cluster level energy efficiency. The objectives of the platform are:
- Accountability: Preparing the MSMEs for a Net-Zero 2070 future by reducing GHG emissions with simultaneous savings in your energy bills and increase in productivity.
- Financial and technical support: Support from financial and technical institutions for technology upgradations.
- Enhanced accessibility: Connect with relevant clean energy innovators for technology requirements.
The platform will showcase the selected clean energy technology provider, to present and exhibit their product/ services at focus sectors and states:
- Automotive cluster (forging, foundry, engineering) in Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra
- Chemical and dye cluster in Gujarat and Haryana
- Textile cluster in Tamil Nadu
- Plywood cluster in Kerala and Haryana
- Food cluster in Haryana and Kerala
This technology platform launch will be followed by a national event on Clean energy and Just Transition Conference at New Delhi.