Connect Karo 2021
WRI India’s flagship event CONNECT KARO with its 2021 theme of CLEAN, GREEN and JUST explores pressing urban challenges and how best to address them. Join us for the event (for the first time entirely online) on how to make Indian cities inclusive, sustainable and climate forward. View Sessions here!
Join us online with the hashtag #ConnectKaro
Listen to over 150 experts in more than 30 sessions on Urban Planning, Safer Streets, Public Transport, Electric Mobility, Hydrogen, Climate Resilience, Child-Friendly Cities and more.
- 13th Sept | Hydrogen Roadmap for India: Launch of the paper that discusses hydrogen's potential as an alternative fuel and the technologies that can be used to produce it.
- 14th Sept | Mainstreaming Climate Action: Launch of the report 'Seizing India’s Urban Opportunity': This is a call to action ahead of COP26 in Glasgow. The report is part of work from five other emerging economies.
- 15th Sept | Child Friendly Cities - Launch of Safe Access to Schools (SATS) tool: The web based geoanalytics tool, developed by WRI India with support from Underwriters Laboratories, focuses on road safety indicators with respect to schools.
- 16th Sept | Air Pollution: From Policy to Action: This session will look at the action plan developed by Surat and Indore, the challenges faced by these cities and the opportunities they discovered.
- 17th Sept | Electrification of Bus-based Public Transport: Launch of WRI India’s Route EValuator that helps transit agencies evaluate the merit for deployment of e-buses on specific routes and develop corresponding implementation plans.
Please visit Connectkaro.org to see the complete agenda.
THE SPEAKERS AT CONNECT KARO 2021 include:
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister for Housing & Urban Affairs, Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India
- Jamshyd Godrej, Managing Director and Chairman, Godrej & Boyce
- Aaditya Thackeray, Cabinet Minister, Tourism & Environment, Government of Maharashtra and Guardian Minister, Mumbai Suburban
- Roopa Kudva, Managing Director, Omidyar Network India
- Priyanka Chaturvedi, Member of Parliament - Rajya Sabha,, Deputy Leader of Shiv Sena
- Kailash Ghelot, Cabinet Minister, Govt of NCT of Delhi
- Suresh Prabhu, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha
- Sowmya Reddy, General Secretary, All India Mahila Congress of Karnataka
- Satyendar Jain, Minister of Health, Home, Power, PWD, Industries, Urban Development & Flood and Irrigation and Water Government of Delhi
- Dr K. Rajeswara Rao, IAS, Special Secretary, Niti Aayog
- K. VijayRaghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India
- D. Thara, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Aniruddha Dasgupta, President & CEO, WRI
- Dr OP Agarwal, CEO, WRI India
- Madhav Pai, Executive Director, WRI India Ross Center
- Adriana Lobo, Executive Director, WRI Mexico
- Rogier Van Den Berg, Acting Director, WRI Ross Centre for Sustainable Cities
- Kelly Larson, Director, Road Safety, Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Cecilia Vaca Jones, Executive Director, Bernard van Leer Foundation
- Rohit T Aggarwala, Senior Urban Tech Fellow, Cornell Tech
- Shilpa Kumar, Partner, Omidyar India Network
- Natalie Draisin, Director, North American Office & United Nations Representative at FIA Foundation
- KR Jyotilal, IAS, Principal Secretary, Dept. Transport of Kerala
- Randheer Singh, Senior Specialist, Electric Mobility, NITI Aayog
- Erika Myers, Global e-Mobility Director, World Resources Institute
- Prof. Shivanand Swamy, Director Emeritus, CoE-UT
- Pawan Mulukutla, Director, Clean Mobility & Energy Tech, WRI India
- Sudhendu Sinha, Advisor, Infrastructure Connectivity and Electric Mobility Vertical, NITI Aayog
- M. Anilkumar, Mayor, Kochi Municipal Corporation
- Iqbal Chahal, Municipal Commissioner of Mumbai
- Ashish Kundra, IAS, Transport Commissioner, Government of Delhi