Online Training: Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Inclusive Climate Action Planning for Urban Local Bodies – Madhya Pradesh
Cities being the engines of growth and centres for economic, social & cultural development, are also the biggest consumers of energy. Cities contribute to 70% of global CO2 emissions, emanating from transport, industry, buildings and waste contributing towards climate change. Further, air quality deterioration poses serious challenges to the health of citizens. Urban India’s approach towards growth will play a big role in the global climate response. Cities can make a significant contribution to mitigating climate change if they have the capacities to assess the climate-induced risks and take corrective measures.
In order to enable cities to take climate action, IUC-India, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, South Asia and World Resources Institute India have partnered to develop and deliver a 2-day (7 hours in total) interactive virtual training.
Through this session, speakers from WRI India, IUC-India and ICLEI-SA will help:
- Build the capacity of ULBs on the basic science of climate change and role of cities in addressing climate change.
- Understand principles to develop city-wide Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions inventory and its benefits.
- Facilitate building capacities to develop city-level inclusive climate action plans.
Who Should Attend?
- Representatives from ULBs, SMART City SPVs and parastatal organizations responsible for developing and executing projects in climate-related sectors like water, mobility, energy, urban planning, waste management, etc.
- Officials from State Environment and Urban Development departments working on city and ULB issues.
This event will see participation of officials from Indore Smart City, Satna Municipal Corporation, Satna Smart City, Regional Transport Office Satna, Town & Country Planning Satna, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL, Jabalpur Smart City, Jabalpur Municipal Corporation, Ujjain Smart City, Environmental Planning and Coordination Organisation (EPCO) Department of Environment and M.P. Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd.