Land Accelerator South Asia: Call for Applications 2023
Join a first-of-its-kind program that fosters entrepreneurship and supports leaders who are restoring farms and forests across South Asia
World Resources Institute India (WRI India) and Sangam Ventures are co- hosting the Land Accelerator South Asia this year from July to December 2023. This six-months program includes two in-person bootcamps, weekly virtual sessions and a demo day for training and supporting entrepreneurs who develop sustainable and profitable business models to restore lands across South Asia by growing trees, boosting crop yields and introducing innovative technologies.
Through its unique accelerator curriculum, the Land Accelerator South Asia has built a global community of restoration entrepreneurs and works towards creating an enabling ecosystem for them. This curriculum includes expert mentorship on developing business models, effective pitching, marketing and sales strategies and increasing consumer base, as well as connecting high-potential restoration businesses with debt and equity funders and public avenues of impact investment. In addition to this, enhancing their skills for tracking and measuring environmental and social impacts of restoration businesses is a key focus of the program.
- Once enrolled in the program, 30 cohort companies will join us for in-person and virtual business creation and growth acceleration processes.
- Top 15 companies shortlisted from the cohort 2023 will receive customised feedback on their progress through mentorship support.
- Top 15 companies will present live before an eminent panel of investors and will also be awarded $ 3,000 Innovation support at successful completion.
Join us and access the following program BENEFITS –
- Zero cost for registration or program participation
- An innovation support of US$3,000 for the top 15 companies selected after successful completion of the program
- Free travel and accommodation during in-person sessions
- Focussed support for women entrepreneurs
- Customised curriculum on land restoration
- Peer learning with other entrepreneurs across the globe
- Connect with mentors who can help in scaling your business
- Pitch your business to investors at demo day
You MUST apply if you are –
- Working to improve a farmland or forest landscape through a business approach focusing any of the following themes - sustainable agriculture, smart agri-tech systems, organic land amendment and management, value chain development for non-timber forest produce, circular economy solutions and similar.
- A woman restoration entrepreneur.
- Looking forward to fast learning – in classroom + with mentors and fellow entrepreneurs.
- Interested in raising money for your venture!
- Based in India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka.
Learn more about incredible initiatives by the Land Accelerator South Asia’s restoration entrepreneurs in this program's brochure. Also watch this short film to learn how these entrepreneurs are restoring forests and farmlands and improving people’s lives across South Asia. Still wondering “if your business qualifies”? See these program FAQs that can be helpful. Even if you are NOT sure if your company qualifies, we encourage you to apply – it’s free!